Apple/Google Pay

Our VP of Product Management wants to hear your thoughts.

We are looking at making the steps to sign up to Chip easier and more seamless for new users.

Some users are against adding their personal debit card in the sign up process and this stops us from onboarding new customers. Our mission is to get those users who have made the effort to download the app to go the whole way and connect their card.

We have done our due diligence and we feel that adding the option to use Google Pay or Apple pay will help get more users to complete the sign up process.

So instead of manually adding in your debit card you would be able to instantly add your card through Google/Apple Pay.

We also know that this could make a better user experience for existing customers who make manual deposits in terms of faster, easier top-ups in both IOS and Android.

Niamh (VP of product) has three questions:

1. Did you take some time before you considered adding your debit card?

2. Did you already know what Chip was and therefore trusted us to keep your funds safe?

3. What are your thoughts on Google/Apple pay? Is there anything you would like to highlight regarding this way of making a save / payment.

Your feedback on this will be incredibly valuable!

2 Likes

Thanks for question and looking at ways of changing ways of how to deposit in Chip
1 Personally I had no issue with adding my debit card as nowadays it pretty standard adding Cards to Apps.
2 Yes I fully knew what Chip was and have trusted since I started using it.
3 With Apple Pay/Google pay would this allow making payments with different Debit cards if you have numerous bank accounts.
I love using Apple Pay as it is more secure in my opinion than using debit/credit card
How would withdrawal works with Apple/google pay?

1 Like

1, no did it straight away for the full chip experience

2, yes already a user so knew it was totally safe

3, any app needs to use Apple/google pay as a must. I always look to use Apple Pay for the added security of the extra encryption

1 Like
  1. No
  2. Yes
  3. I suspect the option would be desirable. But will you be able to block top up via credit card connected to Apple/Google Pay?
1 Like
  1. No

2. Yes

3. It would seem like a good option but how will it affect autosaving? Remember people can add credit cards to Google Pay and Apple Pay too, so if you can explain how this would work it would be appreciated

Regards

1. Did you take some time before you considered adding your debit card? - Yes, was hesitant about connecting debit card at first.

2. Did you already know what Chip was and therefore trusted us to keep your funds safe? - No I think awareness of Chip and sign-up was at same time.

3. What are your thoughts on Google/Apple pay? Is there anything you would like to highlight regarding this way of making a save / payment. - Only think I can think of is people may forget what they’ve signed up to, freak out when they see amounts coming off their bill/account and cancel. Probably not a reason not to proceed though. Also probably easy enough to check these things on phones.

Your feedback on this will be incredibly valuable!