Cashing out my investment from croudcube

Hi can someone clear up how is it possible to or when it’s possible to take my investment out

1 Like

Typically you would need to wait until Chip goes through an IPO or gets acquired. Lack of liquidity is one of the primary risks of investing in startups.

However you may be able to sell early via Crowdcube’s Cubex platform, which launched earlier this year:

2 Likes

“May” being the main word here……

And only if Chip decide to allow it. It was muted for some of the early investors to be able to do it but time will tell…

1 Like

Apologies if this is elsewhere on the forum but has there been any movement on the share value or is it still £1.41?

That is unclear, I think the price of shares in the last investment round was around £1.40 but is only a notional value and not what the shares may be worth on the open market. It is likely that if you could sell them, they may be worth less than this.

Remember you need to hold the shares for at least 3 years otherwise you will have to repay any income tax savings made which under EIS was 30% of your investment.

1 Like

Just hoping Chip is the next Freetrade :moneybag::unicorn::moneybag:

4 Likes