Chip+1 authentication deposit problem

When trying to deposit I’m asked to authenticate the transaction in my banking app but when I return to Chip it refreshes the transaction so you’re stuck in a loop.

This has been raised elsewhere, so I know you’re aware of the problem what’s the timeline on a fix?

Users will just give up trying, extremely frustrating.

@KrishChip

1 Like

This appears to be an Android / Santander issue, I don’t know if other banks are affected? I certainly have been unable to deposit money for a week now in the +1 account…

1 Like

I’m with NatWest so not just Santander.

It may be an android and or bank issue but I don’t think either will care that it’s affecting chip.

We’ve got reason to stick with it, other users won’t

1 Like

This is addressed by NiamhChip elsewhere. It is indeed an Android issue, I think perhaps last night’s update on Google Play may have fixed it.

It is also an IOS problem - I’m stuck with the same issue on iPhone and HSBC

1 Like

Is your HSBC app open at the same time as you try it? Just asking as I’ve noticed my Lloyds 3D Secure sometimes doesn’t trigger if the app is open in the background when I try a manual save with Chip

1 Like

I’ve tried both and same issue. The 3D secure shows as authenticated so I don’t think it’s the banks side. I’m not getting anywhere with the chip team to resolve unfortunately.

1 Like

Hi @Sonnyliston, @Matt - have you both been able to message our team in Live Chat about these issues? I’ll be flagging this thread to the product team as well, but just wanted to check where you were both at on getting the fix!

Hi @Sonnyliston @Matt
Sorry you are both having problems depositing with us.
Can you please provide a bit more information so I can best help get this sorted, we were experiencing an issue that was highlighted to us around connecting to some banks through 3D Secure on Android and not returning the confirmed save/deposit back to Chip app. This should have been resolved over the weekend with a new app release to Playstore.

@Matt I understand you are having a similar issue with an iOS phone - can you tell me the Model of the phone and what app version you are currently on?
Also if you can provide any screen shots / videos of the issue that would greatly help us pinpoint the exact issue you are facing so we can get it resolved quicker.

Again sorry for any inconvenience and hopefully we can get this sorted for you soon!
Niamh

I have provided all of the information you have requested on the live chat. I’d rather not share here on a more open forum. I’ve included a video of what is happening and everything that has been asked for. I provided this end of last week and not heard anything else since.

1 Like

Hi @Matt
I have responded to you on live chat. Hopefully we get this resolved soon!
Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
Many thanks
Niamh

@KrishChip @NiamhChip seems to be working ok now, thanks for following up

2 Likes

@Sonnyliston
Great, thank you for letting us know!
Niamh