Chip community and Discourse app

I use the Discourse iOS app to access Discourse communities.

At some point in the last few weeks the Chip community stopped working for me within this app. I’ve now removed it and am trying to re-add it but I’m getting an error message when I try to add it: “community.getchip.uk was not found”

Every other Discourse community I use is working fine in the Discourse app.

Anyone else encountering this problem?

I’m also finding I can’t upload photos to posts (tried to add a screenshot to this post but that didn’t work)

2 Likes

Same issue here for me.

Hiya, I recently read a blog that said that more & more iOS apps are not going to support iOS 12 going forward, so I subsequently found out that Apple have just posted another new update. It’s now on iOS 14.7.1.

I don’t know if updating your hardware will resolve your problems as some app devs are slow to upgrade their own apps to Apples behest! So Discourse may not have an upgrade ready for its users but you could try it. Hope you get what you’re looking for soon.

Gary

Hey guys,

Thanks for bringing this up, i’ll look into this. In regard to the uploading photo issue I’ve had this problem too! I just thought it was a problem with my computer, will get this fixed ASAP.

2 Likes

I’e just joined the forum and have the same problem as @o99 but am using the Android Discourse app not iOS

At some point in the last few weeks the Chip community stopped working for me within this app. I’ve now removed it and am trying to re-add it but I’m getting an error message when I try to add it: “community.getchip.uk was not found”

@FredChip Were you able to resolve this?

1 Like

Hey all,

These issues should now be resolved! Big shout out to one of our engineers Alessio for sorting this out. Please let me know if you experience any other problems regarding the community.

@o99 @grant.macgregor @mcdonag @gt94sss2

3 Likes

Thanks. Seems to be working now.

1 Like

Just tried now and its still not working here :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s working for me too and it wasn’t before.

Thanks for fixing it @FredChip!

Hey, what specifically is not working?

If I try and add this Community to the Android Discourse app, I get a message saying “community.getchip.uk was not found”

All my other Discourse forums work normally.

That’s odd, I’ll look into this and try and get it fixed ASAP

2 Likes