For those that don’t know me - I’m the Scrum Master here at Chip, you may have seen my bit about Scrum as part of our open office presentation.
Both of our scrum teams are hard at work making the best savings app better, the team is growing substantially and we are adding highly talented people to the team all the time, including David Kavanagh (@Kavanaghdj), who has joined us from PurpleBricks Group PLC where he was the Global CTO seeing the technical team grow from a team of 7 to 140+ and is now a global force controlling >80% of the UK online real estate market and is now the biggest estate agency in the UK. David is a long standing Chip investor and user and joins us to scale the company and disrupt the market to make Chip the undisputed best savings app in the world.
Yesterday we released version 2.2.1 which comes with the following updates:
- (Bug fix) Notifications on iOS not coming through.
- (Bug fix) iOS app uses a substantial amount of mobile data.
- Overdraft saves can no longer be turned off for card connected users (since we have no way of viewing bank balances for non-bank connected users).
- Minimum bank balance can no longer be set for card connected users (same reason as above).
- Bonus notifications will now be sent.
- (Bug fix) Spinning wheel on gifs.
- Users with a US nationality can no longer use the app (FATCA compliance).
But we’re not resting there, we have a lot more improvements in the pipeline and we are building on our momentum to release updates frequently and often. I will post more updates here, but in the mean time if you have any questions or concerns regarding our technical delivery, please let me know. I will be as transparent as possible in my answers!