I hope you are well!
It’s Daria, Chip’s Head of PR, here. It’s been a while since I’ve posted here, so I wanted to give you a couple of updates.
Firstly, I wanted to share some of our 2020 results:
- We secured a total of 457 pieces of coverage last year
- The coverage was overwhelmingly positive - 66.3% of pieces were explicitly favourable towards Chip whereas the rest were neutral/factual
- When broken down by publication type, nationals (papers such as The Times and Daily Mail as well as broadcast coverage with a national reach, such as ITV or Sky News) constituted the largest segment with a total of 94 pieces
- This is also reflected in the split by publication tier (calculated manually based on the title’s reach and domain authority) - tier 1 titles dominated the split, with 176 pieces.
- The average DA of all online coverage was 60, which is well above average. For example, publications/websites with a similar DA include Crowdcube, TechEU, Fintech Futures, LoveMoney etc.
And secondly, I wanted to update you on how 2021 is going so far. January is huge for setting financial goals, so we wanted to capitalise on that narrative as much as possible.
So far this month we’ve landed 50 pieces of coverage - 25 of them in print and 25 online. Here are some of my favourite articles (in no particular order):
- This Is Money - https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-9164601/Forget-diets-heres-clever-ways-pile-pounds.html
- Metro - https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/16/paying-yourself-first-really-does-help-you-save-more-money-13913842/
- Daily Record - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/money/payday-savings-plan-23351250
- i - https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/best-savings-accounts-highest-interest-rates-instant-access-fixed-rate-bonds-821682
- The Telegraph - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/how-save-money-2021-tips-advice-help-improve-finances/