"We're having Connectivity issue."

Hi, Is anyone else having an issue opening the app?

Over the last few days I’ve been unable to access the app on either my Iphone or Ipad.

Attached is a image of what I’m getting everytime after confirming phone number and entering security code received by text message -

Thanks
Kevin

EDIT - 11:30am 26/12/21 - Just to let you know that I’ve managed to get online via my Ipad. I’m guessing it was just a technical Glitch… Fingers crossed :wink:

Has been working fine for me throughout

Same thing happening again this morning. I managed to get on yesterday, but unfortunately tried logging in again today and getting the same connectivity issue.

I’ll try again later today….

Thanks. It’s interesting that you’re having no issues and unusual that I’m getting it.

The app is updated to latest version (I basically deleted from phone and reinstalled via App Store).

It would be interesting to see how many/if anyone else has the issue, especially as Chip are actively promoting via TV and other sources … if I was a new signup id be put off…

Cheers
Kev

Working again now …. Lol :joy:

Having the same issue, managed to sign up ok, added my bank, the first amount was taken from my bank and I haven’t been able to access the app since, every time I get the ‘we’re having connectivity issues…’ message show. I have tried reinstalling the app every day but nothing is helping.