What would you LOVE to see on the Chip app?

Thanks Trevt! This is on our roadmap and under way already :slight_smile:

I’d like to see the ones already implemented working properly first… I don’t get save notifications, I can’t make manual saves properly because it says I’ve reached the account limit (when I haven’t) and the goals end date hasn’t worked since I updated to 2.0

Thanks Chac - Goals end date fix has been done and we are testing internally, along with updating the goal UI to improve the overall experience. With regards to your save notifications and account limit, let me send you a DM and look into this as I understand these have both been fixed.

Can you present a timeline of when features will be added. I met with Simon (founder) in September and he said FSCS would be guaranteed to be in by end of December. It is now mid January and still not here.

I just don’t trust when staff of chip say something will be done anymore. @Chac96 is correct, there has been nothing new since Chip 2.0 and even then it is still hugely buggy nearly a year later. Chip X was a massive failure and then canned.

I think it is time we got some clear timelines and progress otherwise there will be a struggle to raise any further investment from people. We need to stop focusing on new features and get the app working as it should. Personally at the moment I have given up on chip and now have my money in Zeus earning 5% interest calculated, earned and withdrawalable on a daily basis.

4 Likes

An FSCS protected savings account paying a market leading interest rate would be great.

3 Likes

I agree with all of this. I’ve invested 3 times now in Chip. It’s not clear to me that there is a significant rate of progress. In the meantime it’s a fiercely competitive space and others are advancing.
From my personal experience, autosaves sometimes happen when I’m overdrawn (they’re not supposed to if this has been checked off). It would be good to make bonuses earned to date nice and clear (might help for the tax man when bigger interest is earned too).
ChipX shouldn’t appear any more if something isn’t coming soon as it’s no longer credible to have it sitting there for over a year.
Would like to see Chip get back to creating great functionality that works and becomes viral. Felt like this at the beginning.

4 Likes

+1 to point number 3 from Viney. The aim should be to make the current UX more smooth, before adding new features. Sometimes less is more.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. It has all been noted :+1:

I would really like to see, spend roundups.

For me, I would love to be able to receive interest on balances above £10k.
I would love to be able to increase my ‘bonus rate’.
I would love an initiative for referring others to benefit ME.
I would love regular updates on where Chip is on fscs/chip x/other irons in the fire. Whilst I appreciate a lot of this cannot be revealed, more communication would be preferred.
I would love to know when my offer of assisting in return for Amazon vouchers will be accepted/declined, and what it may entail.
I would love to again feel that Chip is the way forward, will change the world, and that i should shout this from the rooftops…just as i felt about a year ago. Being a large investor and keen saver, the ‘magic’ of Chip seems to be disappearing…and I’d love for it to come back.
I’m sure the positives will come, and i appreciate ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’, but the potential in finance at the moment…well, i don’t want us to miss the boat. And when we are told, as a community, that 'It’s coming/we’re working on big things/announcements etc, we’ll i think more is needed in that department.
Finally, I’d love to see Jennifer Aniston’s telephone number in here, but hey ho…!

8 Likes

I believe you were going to have a Cash ISA as well. Surely now is the best time to launch before the current tax year ends?

1 Like
  1. Chip X or cross platform option to lend for a better return.
  2. Some new video clips - pretty please!
  3. Be able to see target saves amount needed to meet goals set.
  4. IFTTT integration would be nice.
  5. An update with a plan to meet goals already set for Chip and to set some for the next year.
1 Like

Thanks again, for the suggestions!

If you haven’t seen today, for every friend you refer you will receive £5. And if you refer 3 friends today we will double that reward.

https://www.getchip.uk/one-day-promo-super-ticket

Hi Anj, just quickly on this - we are exploring the opportunity of offering Cash, Lifetime and Stocks & Shares ISAs but would need to go through the regulatory process of becoming a registered ISA manager (or an appointed representative of one) with HMRC. Unfortunately this can take a number of weeks so its unlikely we can get an ISA product launched before April 5.

I’m in the process of drawing up a business case around ISA’s - which ISA product would you like to see the most? (Bear in mind we will offer FSCS savings products first where basic tax payers can earn up to £1000 interest and higher £500 tax free under the personal savings allowance)

Interested to hear your thoughts and others in the community.

Cheers,

Paul

HI Sheadas,

Would you use round-ups alongside the existing Chip autosaves? Or would you use them instead of Chip autosaves?

Paul

I would use both. However giving people the option of either would be great. The automatic save could even have a break down, auto save & roundups. A running total would also be nice, “you have saved £12.34 in roundups”.

2 Likes

I’d love to see full integration with HSBC back! For months now we’ve been told “we’re looking into” the problems caused by HSBC’s Open Banking integration and to opt for the weaselly named “simpler saves”. In the meantime, other financial apps seem to be able to work with HSBC current accounts. At the moment, without the AI or overdraft protection, having Chip connected to my account makes me nervous. And nervous customers aren’t what you want - or who you keep.

1 Like

Thanks Oz. A bit of an update on the issue with HSBC (and other banks):

Our previous provider that we used for bank connections has had issue with changes that banks have made recently due to changes in law for OpenBanking. This has meant that all companies using this provider have suffered. The good news is that we have been working incredibly hard behind the scenes to change provider to offer true full open banking.

This is just round the corner now and we are in the testing stages of development. This will open up more banks, enable easier bank connection and a far better user experience, but most importantly allow everyone using the app to be able to save using our AI. This will be a big step forward for the app and we can’t wait!

I was going to say “Goals V2” but glad to see this is already coming soon. Definitely needed IMO to be able to allow users to close the feedback loop and re-enforce “what’s the point of all this” type thing. Used goals v1, but when I met them didn’t bother creating new ones (even though I did have some new savings goals) because the v1 goals UX wasn’t quite compelling enough.

Other than that, as others have said FCSC protection would be nice, as 10k without protection is a bit :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: these days!

Be able to link more than one Bank Account!!!

2 Likes